So this TV character “Favorite Moments” meme was MUCH harder than I anticipated. I have the absolute worst memory and I probably have more favorite moments… but I did my best!
1. Amy: I thought you’d be in New York already.
Ephram: I think I’m gonna skip New York this year. I mean, it’s the worst time to go anyway.
Amy: Really? I didn’t know that.
Ephram: Yeah, it’s super humid. Maybe for Christmas.
Amy: Yeah, it’d probably be nice to be home for the holidays.
Ephram: Yeah, maybe, but…
Amy: But what?
Ephram: I am home.
— Episode 1.23: Home
Awww. Happy Ephram rules.
2. Ephram (to Madison): I’m going to my car, when I turn around, you’ll be inside and that will be that.
— Episode 2.18: Last Looks
I’ve always thought this was a perfect break-up scene. Sad yet hopeful at the same. And Ephram’s face… he made me sad right along with him.
3. Ephram: Amy? I still love you.
— Episode 4.09: Getting to Know You
This broke my heart. Ephram found the courage to open his heart to Amy and it was beautiful.
1. [Amy and Colin are announced as Homecoming Couple but Colin is nowhere to be found. Bright takes Amy’s hand.]
Amy: What are you doing?
Bright: Standing in.
Amy: I can’t go up there, Bright. Not without Colin.
Bright: It’s OK. We’ll do this together.
— Episode 1.14: Colin the Second
One of my favorite Everwood scenes. It just captures who Bright is as a character.
2. When Bright gave up sex with Gemma to rescue Dr. Abbott who is asleep on a ski lift. He mutters to himself, “If I die tonight and don’t go to heaven, I’m gonna be so pissed.”
— Episode 1.15: Snow Job
Bwah! Bright rocks.
3. Bright renting the Promebago.
— Episode 2.20: Do Or Die.
No other reason than it’s classic Bright.
ONE TREE HILL
1. Nathan (after giving Haley a Cracker Jack bracelet): Don’t say I never gave you anything.
— Episode 1.03: Are You True?
Ahhh, the original arrogant Nathan. And so began my Nathan/Haley love.
2. It’s a small moment but I just adore when Nathan finally shows affection towards Haley at school. He runs over to her at the end of the episode and gently tucks a strand of hair behind her ear as his friends look on.
— Episode 1.08: With Arms Outstretched
3. Nathan: I gotta tell you, man. I never thought when we played that one on one game, that I’d end up back here, feeling like this.
Lucas: Like what?
Nathan: Like I’m going to miss you. But you’ve gotta do what you feel. I actually wish you weren’t going to leave. Because you’re one hell of a basketball player. And because you’re my brother. Take care of yourself, man.
— Episode 1.22: The Games That Play Us
As much I love Nathan and Haley, it’s the relationship between Nathan and Lucas that are the center of the show. And this scene shows how far they’ve come since the pilot.
1. Seth: Well, what if we were to slow it down a little bit… maybe start from the beginning.
Summer: What do you mean?
[Seth gets off the bed and puts his record player on. ‘Wonderwall’ begins to play. He motions for Summer to join him.]
Summer: You are so cheesy, Cohen.
Seth: Come on, I’m sweeping you off your feet.
Summer: Well, the sad part is… you kind of are.
— Episode 1.19: The Heartbreak
Really a Seth/Summer moment but I just love the way he is so gentle with her. *sigh*
2. Seth wearing Ryan’s wifebeater. HEE!
— Episode 2.07: Family Ties
3. Seth (to Kirsten during the intervention): Mom please, you gotta do this.
— Episode 2.24: Dearly Beloved
Oh man. This was so effective. GUH.
1. Veronica: Look at you, all helpful.
Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Connor brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!
— Episode 1.10: An Echolls Family Christmas
Classic Logan charm.
2. [After finding out that his sister was the one who used his mother’s credit (and effectively squashing his hope that his mother was still alive), Logan’s rests his head on Veronica and she brings her arm around his head and cradles it and rubs his back with her other hand. He weeps.]
Logan: She’s gone. She’s gone.
— Episode 1.15: Ruskie Business
3. After Logan and Veronica share their first kiss and Veronica silently walks to her car, Logan follows her with a look that makes me swoon.
— Episode 1.18: Weapons of Class Destruction
All my favorite Drue moments include Jen… pretty much because the writers didn’t flesh him out as a character too well. I wish they had kept him on for season 5, though, because I thought he and Jenn had great potential. Ahhh, what could have been…
1. Jen: Drue, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry I used you.
Drue: Apology accepted.
— Episode 4.17: Admissions
Up until this point I wasn’t entirely convinced that Drue really cared about Jenn. But this scene cemented it. He looked so hurt. Oh, the angst.
2. Drue: Jack told me everything, and my answer is yes. Jen, I’d love to go to the prom with you.
— Episode 4.20: Promicide
Hee! The HUGE smile on Drue’s face is classic.
3. Drue climbs up to Jen’s window and she lets him inside her room and wraps a blanket around him since he’s freezing from the cold outside. He asks for a place to crash for the night and when she says “Yes,” she tousles his hair and he gives her the CUTEST smile ever. AWWW.
— Episode 4.22: The Graduate
1. Giving Dawson a tour of the Worthington campus.
— Episode 5.02: The Lost Weekend
I saw potential for a fun relationship with Dawson and Audrey (she would totally loosen him up!).
2. When Audrey spilled food on herself (twice!) to get Joey to accompany her to the kitchen and talk about the kiss they saw between Jen and Dawson.
— Episode 5.10: Appetite For Destruction
I’m not the biggest Audrey fan but I do think she was a good friend to Joey (a much-needed female friend, actually). At least in season 5.
3. Speaking her mind at Christmas dinner.
— Episode 6.10: Merry Mayhem
Her little tirade was completely inappropriate for the occasion but it was spot-on.
ACK. I LOVE PACEY. How can I pick just 3 favorite moments?!?
1. Pacey (to Joey): I remember everything.
— Episode 3.22: The Anti-Prom
The ULTIMATE ROMANTIC moment.
2. Pacey (to his dad who has passed out drunk on the beach): Why can’t you see me, huh? When did you give up on me? When I was 5? 10? 12? I’m 16 years old, Dad! *starting to cry* I’m trying so hard for you. It’s your job. It’s your job to love me no matter who I am or what I become because you’re my father! You’re my dad! You’re supposed to love me you son of a bitch. I can’t do this by myself.
— Episode 2.12: Uncharted Waters
Pacey’s pain *kills* me here. Josh Jackson is amazing.
3. Pacey sitting in the graduation seats at Capeside High by himself with his head tilted to the sky and a smile on his face.
— Episode 4.22: The Graduate
Just a really sweet moment. I love Pacey.
PHEW! That was tough. 😀