My head hurts but I really want to post something so… here’s some random thoughts in list form.
1. I’m not really a fan of the Twilight series nor did I enjoy the first movie but for some reason, I still want to see New Moon. The clips from the trailers already make it look light years better than the first. Plus, I can’t help that I’m highly amused by the actors off-screen. Kristen Stewart is so uncomfortably awkward in interviews and Robert Pattinson looks high ALL THE TIME. Seriously.
2. I just found out Star Trek is being released on DVD today. I think I’ll have to pick up a copy. Mmmm Chris Pine (GO Bears!).
3. I watched Skate America yesterday (yes, I’m a figure skating fan despite NBC relegating non-Olympics coverage to their lesser network Universal Sports) and I have to say that overall, I’m really disappointed in the (lack of) depth on the US women’s side. Especially with the Winter Olympics coming up! Normally, the US has strong medal contenders but I think whoever makes the team will be fighting for the bronze medal at best. I just don’t think Rachael Flatt, Alissa Czisny, Caroline Zhang, Ashley Wagner, etc. are that good. Technically, they’re ok but they don’t have “it.” I’ll be rooting for Yu-Na Kim all the way.
4. I realized that the reason I can’t watch The Office regularly is because I get second-hand embarrassment. Every episode Michael does or says something ridiculous and I have to look away.
5. Just came back from taking Diesel outside and it is FUH-REEZING out there. I’ve become more and more wimpy to cold weather since moving to Southern CA.
6. I (ok, Rob and I) have been doing a good job at keeping up to date with all our TV. Except for poor Fringe. We’re 3 episodes behind. Argh.
7. I haven’t read a book in months. EEK. So embarrassing. I used to do all my reading during my commute to and from work and now that I work from home, I use that extra time to get more sleep (hehe). I got the first 3 books of the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series for my birthday so hopefully they’ll get me motivated to read again.
8. The Starbucks red cups are back!!! I get my fave Nonfat Peppermint Mocha year-round but there’s just something special about getting it in the official holiday cup.
9. I can’t believe it’s almost Thanksgiving. A little more than a week! Turkey festivities will start off at lunch at my cousin’s house and I can’t wait.
10. Then of course, the day after Thanksgiving is another day I look forward to. BLACK FRIDAY. YAYAYAYAY. Rob and I never really have “big ticket” items that we need to buy… for some reason, we just like checking out the random items that are on sale. Thanks to Black Friday Ads I feel very well-prepared to hit the sales at Best Buy, Target, K-Mart, etc. I’m planning to get some DVDs and also a new wireless mouse for my laptop. ALSO. And possibly more importantly, Black Friday is the day we get our CHRISTMAS TREE. OMGSOEXCITING.
… That’s it for now. Back later.