My 2010 New Yearβs resolutions were pretty much an EPIC FAIL. I only accomplished 1 of them (buying a house). So my 2011 resolutions are basically the same with a few new additions.
Repeat Resolutions aka The Resolutions That Continue To Haunt Me
1. Save more money.
2. Blog more often.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Drink more water.
I feel like I am forever chasing these resolutions. Maybe this will be the year that they click? I think I can I think I can I think I can.
1. Reconsider and finish up forgotten projects around the house — like painting the remaining rooms and organizing the garage.
2. Clean regularly. I have a tendency to get our house in order only when we’re expecting company. I need to be better at frequently taking care of the little things so they don’t pile up.
3. Be more discerning about my “fun” purchases. I’m a shopaholic but I recognize that I already have a lot of stuff (clothes, makeup, etc). I want to put more thought into what I buy and buy what I love.
4. Wake up earlier. Because I work from home, I am lucky to get extra sleep on the weekdays. But lately I’ve been cutting it WAY too close and waking up with barely enough time to take a shower and get ready for work. I’d like to wake up early enough so I can eat breakfast before I start my work day.
5. Cook more at home and meal plan during the week. Rob and I opt for take out more often than not because it’s sooo easy. Cooking at home would make us save a little money and because there’s only 2 of us, would provide us with food for additional meals.
6. Find a primary care physician. I know, I know. In the 2 years that we’ve lived back in SoCal, I’ve put this off. For no other reason than laziness. I go to the dentist and optometrist regularly but have to get this sorted out as well.
7. Finally, this is less of a resolution than it is a reminder to myself to really think about what I want to do with my life long-term. I’m no longer concerned with the ambition I had (and have since lost) when I graduated from college. Now what I really want (what I really really want), more than anything, is to have a job that doesn’t intrude into my personal life. Where holidays and vacations truly are days off and where late hours are nonexistent. I’d also like to love what I do and but let’s not get too crazy. All this to say, I don’t really know what I want and if I’ll ever find it. I just know that I’ve been feeling restless, unsettled and unhappy with my job and this is something for me to figure out.
How are you all doing with your own resolutions? Please share! π