ARGH. I am SO SORRY if you tried to visit my site on Thursday and it was trying to make you download some evil trojan virus. I didn’t do it… I SWEAR! I think someone hacked into my blog archives and remotely tried to execute some code. I took the entire Movable Type installation down, re-installed it, and also had my host do a search for any other malicious files that might be lurking about… the site has been given the all clear. PHEW. Again, so sorry. 🙁
So… I need some help. I went shopping ALL DAY on Wednesday and did not find a single thing for my dad. He’s absolutely the hardest person to shop for EVER cause he doesn’t *need* anything and offers no help whatsoever. For every other holiday (birthday, Father’s Day), I usually get him some sort of clothing item. But that’s getting a little tired, you know? So… I’m wondering what all of you get your dads for the holidays? Any suggestions?
And I’ve been meaning to do this meme…
* Make a post to your blog. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for [insert seasonal celebration here] is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your blog so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
* You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf–to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
1. Holiday cards!
2. A tutorial on how the heck to customize the layout for a Coppermine gallery. I just DON’T. GET. IT.
3. Wallpapers of my ‘ships (Pacey/Joey, Harry/Hermione, Ephram/Amy, Nathan/Haley, etc). I prefer 1600×1200 (that’s the optimal resolution for my laptop) but anything 1024×768 and higher works too.
4. Music recs. I listen to pretty much everything but country (sorry). Some favorite artists are NSync, Britney, The Postal Service, Kanye West, Jack Johnson, Death Cab…
5. On that note, an iTunes gift card/certificate.
6. Starbucks gift card.
7. Your favorite quotes from TV shows, movies, songs, people.
8. A Pacey/Joey mood theme. I know I don’t ever post on LJ but maybe I can figure out a way to use it here.
9. Anything from my Amazon wishlist.
10. Suprise me. 😀
Send me an email if you need my address. And if anyone has also posted a wishlist on their blog/LJ/mySpace, please let me know in the comments so I can be sure to take a look. 😉